We use personal information collected from you to act as your agent and to perform obligations under our agreement with you. We may also use such information collected to promote our services and /or to seek potential clients.
We acknowledge that we may disclose information to other parties via media organisations, on the internet, to potential buyers, or to our clients existing and potential, as well as to parties engaged to value the property, government and statuary bodies, financial institutions and third party consultants who may manage our database, internet or computer systems.
Thank you for your co-operation. Coast to the Country Realty respects your right to privacy. We are bound by the Privacy Act, which protects information handled by Businesses in Australia and from the 21st December 2002 an amendment to the Privacy Act. Those Principles regulate how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information about you and other individuals. Collection, Use and Disclosure:
In our agency business, we collect, hold, use and disclose to third parties, personal information for a number of reasons:
- To carry out appointments as sales agents for clients selling their properties
- To carry out appointments as property managers for rental property owners, which includes processing tenancy applications and managing tenancy relationships and the tenanted property
- To promote and market our services and the products and services of third parties (we will only use your personal information for this purpose and will not disclose it to third parties)
- To provide information on and promote properties for sale and for rent to the market
- To reply to enquiries and information requests made by individuals
- For internal business processes such as market research and billing
- Where required by law we collect personal information about individuals:
- From the individual themselves – through application forms, registration books, at open inspections, appointment forms, agreements, correspondence including emails, our website, and through verbal communications.
- From third parties (including from other agents, from operators of tenancy reference databases and other publicly available databases and from referees) – in the course of verifying and services for a client, including through property searches, evaluating tenancy applications and managing tenancy arrangements, and in carrying out agency security information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Access to Personal Information
If you would like to access or correct any personal information, which we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that a charge may apply to cover all reasonable costs that we may incur in providing you with access to your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to correct any information, which you show to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
Coast to the Country Realty
1 The information, opinions and publications available on our website, blogs and social media channels (Coast to the Country Realty) are broad guides for general information only. They are solely intended to provide a general understanding of the subject matter and to help you assess whether you need more detailed information.
1.1 The material on this website and other Coast to the Country Realty sites is not and should not be regarded as legal, financial or real estate advice. Users should seek their own legal, financial or real estate advice where appropriate. Every effort is made to ensure that the material is accurate and up to date. However, we do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or currency of the information provided.
1.2 You should make your own inquiries and obtain independent professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances before making any legal, financial or real estate decisions.
2 Limitation of liability
To the extent that the law allows:
2.1 we (including our officers, employees, agents and members) are not liable for any loss or damage including loss of data and/or profits, however caused (including by negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of the Coast to the Country Realty sites or your reliance on any information contained on them; and
2.2 any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded.